This time of year (December) is the season I love for so many reasons, however, one of those reasons is that I can give those around me a gift list in hopes for some cool upgrades for my Jeep Wrangler on Christmas morning.
I thought I’d share my list with you and some quick points as to why the products on my “Great Gifts for Jeep Lovers” list made it to my top 15. Enjoy!
- Gift Ideas That Cost Less Than $100
- Gift Ideas That Cost Between $100 and $500
- Gift Ideas That Cost Over $500
Gift Ideas That Cost Less Than $100
Xprite Grab Bars – Under $50
In a recent post, I shared “Why I Chose Xprites over the GraBars for my Jeep Wrangler: An Honest Review?” and I wanted to make sure this product made it to my top 15 Jeep lover gift list. The Xprite Grab Bars are solid as it comes but here are a few other reasons I’d go with these grab bars.
- Weight is just shy of 5lbs.
- Easily bolt into factory OEM bolt holes.
- The quality on the Xprite is the same as what I found with the GraBars and yes, I have held both in my hands.
- High-quality powder coat finish.
If you need some extra pull to climb into your Jeep Wrangler, these will do the job.
Jeep Roll Bar Handles – Under $15
I added these inexpensive roll bar handles as the first non-stock item to my Jeep Wrangler. They are a great quick grab that I could position anywhere on my roll bar or on the back of the front seat in my JKU. They are made from durable nylon and the handles are a sturdy plastic.
- Non-slip handle for trails and bumpy roads.
- Made of ABS and canvas, durable and weather resistant.
- Easy Installation. No tools required.
- Suitable for all stock Jeep Wrangler roll bars
They would fit a Christmas stocking perfect.
Jeep Door Inserts – Under $20
If you want to add a little personality to your Jeep Wrangler, these aluminum door inserts do the trick. I’ve had these for over a year and I’m quite pleased with the touch and the fact that they have not faded. Mine are blue. The install wasn’t complicated and they were a touch that made quite a difference in the appearance of my Jeep Wrangler.
- 2007-2016 Jeep Wrangler JK & Unlimited 4 Door
- High quality Aluminum
- Easy installation
- 5pcs door covers comes with screws.
Door Post Mirrors – Under $30
Once I took my Jeep Wrangler doors off this last spring, I found that I needed mirrors. I found these 4X4 Jeep door post mirrors that were way easy to bolt on and go. Not much to explain on these other than, tighten the bolts so you avoid them moving on freeway speeds.
Jeep Wrangler Foot Peg – Under $20
I found myself wanting to dangle my foot outside the door jam as I drove down the road. These cool looking foot pegs bolted into the door jam post and made for a more comfortable foot rest.
- A comfortable spot to place your foot while running around with the doors off.
- Anti-skid surface keeps your feet from slipping
- Heavy duty casting iron
- Protection pad attached at the side of foot pegs, which will not cause damage to door hinge.
A great stocking gift for under $20.
Recovery Strap – Under $70
When it comes to recovery, I trust the Australian ARB recovery strap is its rating of 17,500lbs. My 30-foot strap has come in handy more than a few times. A great gift and much more flexible than the chain (which I also carry).
Gift Ideas That Cost Between $100 and $500
Bikini Top & Tonneau Cover Kit – Under $300
When spring hit in early 2018, I really wanted to get the doors and top off of my Jeep Wrangler. However, I knew the high mountain dessert of Idaho would be cold at night and the weather would offer up unpredictable rain and maybe even snow so I opted to add the SmittyBilt Bikini Top, the Bestop Tailgate Track and Bestop Tonneau Cover for these reasons:
- They made my Jeep Wrangler look cool.
- It was easy to put the doors back on to keep heat in the cabin of the Jeep without having to take the bikini top off. Adaptable to the weather.
- They offered protection from the rain and snow as well as the hot sun throughout the summer.
- They were really easy to install by myself.
A great add for under $300! Would be a great gift for your Jeep lover!
Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers – Under $170
Trying to keep my Jeep as clean as I can isn’t an easy task when I’m on the trail several times a month. These Rough Country neoprene seat covers come in handy for a few reasons.
- Outstanding breathability and water resistance. However, I still sprayed them with Scotch Guard.
- Built specifically for the 4 door JKU.
- Includes head covers.
- Easy & quick installation.
Sure, a guy can get cheaper seat covers; however, when it comes to protecting my JKU, I chose these seat covers for their custom fit on my Jeep Wrangler. Besides they really don’t even look like seat covers.
Bestop Floor Mats – Under $270
Bestop floor mats are molded to fit the front and back seats as well as the cargo area of my Jeep Wrangler 4 door. And they fit like a glove. I love these floor mats because they keep all the mud, dirt, slush, water off of the carpet and they are easy to clean. I’ll admit they are snug but that’s what makes them one of the best gifts for a Jeep lover. Need more reasons? Check these out:
- Standard floor hook cut-outs fit the OE floor hook and have raised walls in the front.
- Made for Jeepers who really understand that their rig can get dirty.
- Did I mention they are laser cut to fit the 2015 JKU?
This floor mat isn’t just something you’d pick up at Wal-Mart; however, you can do that every year or you can get the Bestop brand now. I did.
Off-road Air Compressor – Under $175
A big part of getting off-road and having a good time is the ability to air down. Airing down provides a smoother ride and significantly more traction, but hey an article on airing down coming soon. I added the VIAIR 400P air compressor on my gift list for some first-hand reasons. The most important to me was reliability. But here are a few others:
- 12 VOLT Operated
- Air hose length is 25 feet
- Direct heavy-duty dual battery clamps with 40-amp inline fuse
- Anti-vibration tray
A must-have for any adventure seeker.
Hi-Lift Jack – Under $110
Every off-roader needs a Hi-Lift jack. If you have a Jeep Wrangler and no jack, you might be the mall crawler. I selected the Hi-Lift Patriot jack because it’s blue which is an accent color on my Jeep Wrangler. Here are a few highlights of this jack although I have never needed to use it:
- The Hi-Lift Jack is a 48-inch all-cast jack constructed with cast iron components for ultimate strength and durability.
- Powder coated finish with zinc-plated hardware
- Two-piece handle and socket is durable and reliable
- Handle-Keeper included
Hi-Lift Jack Locking Side Mount – Under $120
This is currently on my Christmas list this year. I bought the Hi-Lift jack mentioned above but I haven’t mounted it yet. This Locking Side Mount is exactly what I want, please give my wife a hint. All kidding aside, this is my mount of choice for these reasons:
- Opens with my vehicles stock ignition key eliminating an extra key.
- Easy to install, bolts into existing holes. No drilling required!
- The Hi-Lift Jack is held securely in place with 2 knobs.
- Solid steel construction
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
I should add that there are several ways to mount a hi-lift; however, I like the idea of it being right there next to my driver door. It’ll look cool and be functional.
X-Bull Winch – Under $400
If you don’t have a winch yet, another great gift for your Jeep lover would be the X-Bull 13,000lb winch. It is built for off-road recovery. I like this winch because of its price point and for the fact that it was the first winch to ever get me unstuck. Besides, it comes with two remotes and a cool synthetic rope in my blue. Here are a few other reasons to check out this winch:
- Two Wireless Remote Controllers + One Hand Controller
- Waterproof and corrosion resistant
- Automatic load — holding breaker
- Power in and power out for positive load control
A winch can help your Jeep lover recover from disaster. A great gift for the price.
Gift Ideas That Cost Over $500
Front & Rear Bumpers – Under $1000
I still haven’t upgraded from the stock bumpers on my Jeep Wrangler. However, when I do, these are the front and rear bumpers I want and the reasons why. I’d opt for the Rock Crawler Full Width Front Bumper and Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier and 2” Hitch Receiver for a few reasons.
- Works with my stock fender flares and bolts into OEM fittings. An easy DIY install job.
- Will handle a 12,000lb winch on built in winch plate.
- Reinforced D-Ring mounts for added security when in recovery.
- Weight was a huge factor as this kit only adds 81lbs to my JKU.
- Strong powder coat finish with texture for that cool look and feel.
I know it’s almost a $1000 but hey if that is in your gift budget, it would make a killer awesome upgrade from the stock bumper on the JKU.
ARB Air Lockers – Under $900
This locker is on my top 15 list because of the brand name and the unlimited 5-year warranty. If I were to ever depend on a product to get me out of the trouble, this air locker would be a great choice. Check out my recent article about lockers here.
There are so many more things I love that could go on my Jeep lover gift list; however, this list provides a number of nice additions a guy or gal might want. There are many of my favorite items on this list which I’d strongly recommend. I tried to provide options at different budget levels; however, what I’ve noticed is even a simple inexpensive but cool sticker can be a great gift to the right individual.
Oh yeah, one thing you might consider as a gift could be an annual membership to your Jeep lover’s local Jeep club. However, the rest of the upgrades will keep coming as your special someone gets involved with the club, so keep this list close.